Assisting Owners in Restoring and Maintaining the Value of Their Buildings
Keystone Engineering is a privately-owned structural engineering firm, incorporated in the State of Florida in 2003. The team of engineers and project managers serves the coastal communities from St. Augustine to Vero Beach. Keystone excels at the evaluation of coastal structures, identifying structural repair needs associated with long-term chloride exposure. Along with preventative and beautification measures, including landscaping and amenities, Keystone has the ability to create a modernized result that is cosmetically appealing and desirable. With over 50 years of combined experience, our associates highlighted below, serve to educate our clients with informed decisions regarding the exterior building maintenance decision-making process.
James Emory, P.E.
Owner and Principal Engineer
Jim has been fully committed to the concrete restoration industry for the last 28 years. As a registered professional engineer (FL 60965), with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from the University of Central Florida, Jim also holds Florida licenses as a General Contractor (CGC 059844) and Roofing Contractor (RC 29027436). Jim’s focus has been concrete distress due to reinforcing steel corrosion caused by chloride contamination in coastal environments. This endeavor has expanded to include engineering and consultation on virtually all aspects of exterior coastal building maintenance and rehabilitation. This experience includes hundreds of completed projects for condominium associations and several government agencies, including NASA and the USAF.
Charles Hays, CGC
A United States Marine Corps veteran, Chuck has a long and distinguished career in the concrete construction industry, spanning 20 years. He currently serves as Construction Services Manager. He oversees condominium restoration projects including structural repairs, concrete restorations, waterproofing, roofing, coating and painting, railing replacements, windows/doors and related project activities. He has even served as a Community Association Manager/Maintenance Supervisor, directing maintenance personnel and overseeing repair and maintenance projects on more than 20 beachside condominiums and timeshares, as well as owning his own construction company. In the past, Chuck has held several licenses including Class C Drinking Water Treatment Operator, Registered Specialty Structure Contractor, Certified Specialty Structure Contractor and Community Association Manager. He continues to hold licenses as an American Concrete Institute Field Testing Technician Grade 1 and a Florida Certified General Contractor.
Tomas Ponce, MSCE, P.E.
Tomas, a registered professional engineer, has 28 years of experience in structural engineering, with emphasis on structural specification and design of concrete, steel, masonry, and wood structures including gravity loads, wind analyses, finite element analyses and foundations. He has been with Keystone since 2015 and evaluates the exterior condition of coastal structures and their roofing systems for corrosion migration, waterproofing, coatings, railings, and all exterior building issues in order to develop specific, cost-effective solutions for repair and maintenance.
Join Keystone Engineering and you will be part of a team dedicated to restoring and maintaining coastal structures. If you are looking for an opportunity in the engineering field, please forward a cover letter and resume to us at:
Description: Keystone Engineering & Consulting is looking for an entry-level structural engineer to join our team in our Daytona Beach service area. Interested candidates must have a willingness to perform general engineering tasks supporting various project managers as required.
Duties of the position will include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in projects involving investigative field work, engineering analysis, report preparation, and project communications.
• Perform investigations of a wide variety of site, building, and construction defects.
• Perform a variety of field work involving lifting, climbing ladders, and accessing roofs and balconies.
• Lead and provide support for inspection, analysis and report phase efforts on projects involving a variety of coastal engineering solutions from St. Augustine to Vero Beach.
• Support and participate in meetings and presentations with variety of clients including association members, attorneys, insurance adjusters, contractors, and other project team members.
• Candidates need to be comfortable with heights
• Familiarity with Civil / Structural Design Programs is a plus.
• Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a structural engineering program from an accredited university.
• Strong sense of urgency and self-discipline to meet client deadlines.
• Detail-oriented team player with an ability to contribute to a positive work environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Some short term travel may be required.